This is the style I used for my euro pillows. I did different fabrics on the front and back so they’re reversible. The envelope side looks pretty good, because the prints work so nicely.
These pillows are pretty easy to make, because you don’t have to do any hand sewing (you do have to use the iron, which isn’t my favorite!).
I’m going to make the directions pretty general, so you can adjust this to any size pillow form.
What you’ll need:
1. For the front: Measure your pillow and add 1″ to the side and top.
2. For the back: Cut two back panels the same width as the front. Cut the length about 2/3 the length of the front panel. This gives you room to finish the edges and conceal the pillow completely.
3. Fold one side of each of the back 1/2″ and then another 1/2″ to create a clean edge. Sew in both hems.
4. With right sides together, match the back panels to the top and bottom of the front panel. There should be some overlap in the center to create your envelope.
5. Stitch around all four sides of the pillow. I zigzag the edges to reinforce them.
6. Turn your pillowcase inside out and put your pillow in.
These pillows were also made using this style: